Thursday, September 15, 2011

Fort2Base Race Chicago

The Fort2Base race, held on the 10th anniversary of 9/11 at the Great Lakes Naval Base was quite an experience for several reasons.

First, this race was the culmination of my efforts as a Best Buy ambassador.  The program has been a lot of fun and I'm very proud to say that I've helped get many people off the couch and through a 5K.  I am very interested to see where Best Buy takes the program now.

Second, the whole family ended up running the race, so that is always a good time.  The boys are growing up so fast and I'm very happy that running and racing has become a part of their lives at an early age.  Sean and I ran together for the first mile and then he told me that he wanted to run on his own, and run he did, on his was to a second place finish in the 0-9 age group!  Ryan ran with Kathy and her cousin Natalie, keeping his head up and pushing through to the third place spot for the 0-9 boys!  Wow!

Last, and far from least, my friend Brian and his 11-year old daughter ran together after having completed the Couch to 5K Training program together.  She ran a 9:51 pace and placed third in her age group, which add 10 girls!

The weather was beautiful and the party after the race was a blast!  Everyone had such a good time!



No comments: